The South Gifford Pinchot Collaborative (SGPC) consists of a diverse group of members who work with the Mt. Adams Ranger District to advance landscape scale restoration projects on the southern portion of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. To help maintain respectful and productive discussions we have developed the following guidelines.
- Listen actively.
- Be curious: suspend judgment and consider others’ perspectives and ideas. Keep an open mind.
- Be present and engaged: silence phone.
- Focus on finding solutions: concentrate on interests, not positions.
- Be civil. OK to critique ideas, not individuals.
- Stay on topic and follow the agenda.
- Respect time limits.
- Accept ambiguity at times.
- Add a little humor when appropriate.
For more information on how the SGPC operates, see our Operations Manual.